Why sign up for temporary work?
- To develop new skills and build experience in a new sector or industry.
- Perhaps you are starting a new role or area of study in a few weeks/months and are only interested in a short-term assignment.
- You may be interested in working in a new industry or sector but do not want to commit to a long-term move just yet.
I’m interested. How does it work?
- You must firstly register your CV with us. If we feel you are suitable for a temporary assignment with one of our clients, a member of our team will contact you to discuss your skills and experience in more detail.
- Depending on the assignment, you will either meet the client directly or a member of our team for a face to face interview.
- If this meeting is successful, you will be added to the Matrix Recruitment Group payroll and we will issue you with a contract for the assignment.
- We will also require the following from you:
- P45 form from your previous employer.
- Personal details form with bank details, PPS number and contact details. Download personal details form here.
- It is essential that you also contact Revenue/your local Revenue District and request to have your tax credits allocated to Matrix Recruitment Group to ensure that you are on the correct tax bands going forward. The Matrix Recruitment Group company registration number is 6361506D.
- Please note that until a tax certificate is received you will be placed on emergency tax.
What happens when I am on assignment?
- If you register as a temporary employee with Matrix Recruitment Group, we will:
- Process your weekly payroll including calculation of PAYE, PRSI and USC.
- Email/deliver your weekly payslips.
- Handle any payroll queries. If you have any queries with your payslip, you can contact our Payroll Manager, Eleanor, on 051 353 825.
- Manage your holiday accruals and entitlements.
- Manage payment of sick days, time in lieu, flexitime, shift allowances, etc.
As a temporary employee registered with Matrix Recruitment Group, you will be required to:
- Complete a weekly timesheet outlining hours worked and breaks taken. You will also be responsible for ensuring that this timesheet is signed by your on-site line manager/supervisor and submitted to our payroll team by 5pm every Friday to ensure payment. Timesheets can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 051 328 127. Download weekly timesheet here
- Complete an expenses form for any expenses that you wish to claim while on assignment. This form must be approved and signed by your on-site line manager/supervisor and submitted by 5pm on Friday to ensure payment. Expense forms must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 051 328 127. Download expenses form here..
- In the event of illness, you must inform your line manager as soon as possible that you will be unable to attend work.
- If you wish to take annual leave, this must be approved by your line manager and sent to our payroll team for processing. Download annual leave request form here.
If you are interested in temporary work, please register your CV with us or check our latest jobs.