What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Engineering Warehouse Manager for our client, a global pharmaceutical company based in Kildare.
In this job, you will provide leadership and direction by encouraging forward-thinking so that the supply chain process can fulfil demand, drive customer value, improve responsiveness, facilitate financial success and build a good supply network.
You will be responsible for managing inventory in 3 warehouses, ensuring accountable and timely receipt and dispatch of the goods.
This permanent role is reporting to the Head of Operations and is subject to a 6-month probationary period.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Management of the company supply base; Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies, craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Responsible for 1-2 direct reports
- Responsible for contract negotiation regarding procurement of product and services
- Forecast price and market trends to identify changes of balance in buyer-supplier power; Assess, manage and mitigate risks
- Lead the project delivery department to effectively create and maintain an efficient project schedule that meets customer requirements while minimizing cycle times and effectively utilizing inventory
- Provide guidance and expertise to develop service team and project delivery team knowledge
- Determine production capacity needed by the organization and present a rough-cut plan on a quarterly basis
- Planning and managing logistics, warehouse & transportation.
- Directing, optimizing and coordinating full order cycle
- Ensure that safety continues to be the top priority in the organisation through your own personal behaviour and participation in company-wide safety improvement activities
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that company objectives are achieved
- Play an active role in identification and achievement of cost reductions on an annual basis
- Encourage development of talent through mentoring, coaching, engagement and empowerment of colleagues and direct reports
- Develop and maintain KPIs for your department with a view to meeting or exceeding annual objectives
- Develop and deliver programs improving efficiency and quality in day to day operations within the facility
- Education Equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Business or a technical discipline
- IPICS (APICS) Qualified, Purchasing qualification
- 5 years’ experience in supply chain role
- Previous supervisory experience an advantage
- Must be proficient using MS Office applications
- Strong analytical skills and commercial awareness
- Must be a strong communicator with an ability to multi-task and prioritise in a busy environment
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Vanessa Murphy on email@example.com or 0874064551
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.