We are currently recruiting for the position of Warehouse Operative for our client a successful distribution centre. This is a permanent role with excellent opportunities. The main responsibility of the role is the handling and controlling of all materials in a safe, accurate and efficient manner and to provide a quality shipping service to our customers.
Your new job
· Attend daily 8.30am ‘day ahead’ meeting.
· Adhering to health & safety regulations at all time.
· Off-loading, checking and putting away of stock in a timely and efficient manner.
· Ensuring deliveries are fulfilled in a timely manner
· Working indoors and outdoors daily
· Handling storing and movement of goods within the logistics area in a safe efficient and controlled manner.
· Completing all detail required on Dispatch notes.
· Assist with logistics queries in a co-operative and timely manner.
· Ensuring accurate inventory control
· Ensure & improve a high level of safety and housekeeping within the logistics area using forklifts / wearing of PPE.
· Report all damages / accidents or near misses.
· Operating counterbalance forklift daily
What are we looking for?
· Valid counterbalance fork truck licence.
· Valid reach truck licence would be an advantage.
· Valid manual handling cert.
· Basic computer skills / Proficient in MS Office
· Use of digital hand-held device and PC terminals.
· Fluency in written and oral English.
· Good timekeeping and attendance.
· Flexibility, as overtime is a requirement
· A track record of reliability
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.