What you need to know
Due to continued growth and operational expansion, my client is looking to hire an Upstream Process Scientist who will be working primarily on the development and validation of processes and products, as well as the technical transfer of the process into their state of art facilities in Offaly.
Your new job
You will be working in a cleanroom environment, providing technical support to aid the completion of project and process transfers. As this is a cross functional role, it will cover work in both upstream and downstream activities in both production and development. You will also provide hands-on support to all manufacturing activities on-site, including media preparation, integrity testing, cell culture and purification processes, with strict adherence to GMP requirements.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- You will play a key role in the development, scale up, optimisation and validation in relation to a monoclonal antibody production process
- Product manufacturing that uses cell culture techniques, chromatography and ultrafiltration diafiltration in downstream steps
- Author and update SOPs, Batch Records and Quality documents as per GMP requirements
- Work on change controls, deviations and non-conformances
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and projects to develop a LEAN approach to deliver operational excellence
What are we looking for?
- BSc or MSc qualification in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or Biological Sciences
- Minimum of 1-year industry experience working in a controlled GMP production environment with experience running chromatography systems (Protein A / Column)
- Hands-on experience of Cell Culture and techniques is required
- Experience with Wave Bioreactors and/or completion of Biotech courses is advantageous
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of protein purification techniques using Unicorn software or cell culture experience and the use of bioreactors at 200L & 500L scale.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.