What you need to know
Due to further expansion of their site in Athlone, our client is looking to hire a Technical Specialist to act as a Subject Matter Expert in LC/MS or GC/MS. You will be providing technical support to the highly skilled GMP laboratory staff who work with multiple pharmaceutical products and formulations, including tablets and capsules.
This is a permanent job that comes with a generous joiner bonus payable upon completion of your probation.
Your new job
This role is a senior level Technical Specialist role and as a Subject matter expert, you will lead scientific projects and provide full analytical testing support in accordance with GMP practices. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Lab that focuses on method development and validation, stability and quality control testing for all phases of drug development.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate all aspects of managing method development and validation
- Supervise and assist senior technical staff in laboratory operations
- Interface with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements
- Plan, direct and implement improvements in systems and processes to enhance efficiency and quality
- Assist with strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
- Minimum 3+ years industry experience within an analytical testing laboratory
- Significant industry experience within a pharmaceutical or analytical contract testing laboratory and GMP environment is essential
- Supervisory experience within the Scientific industry, including direct supervision, training and mentoring of technical staff
- You are an SME in one or more of LC-MS/GC-MS, GC, HPLC, IC, AA, ICP
- Knowledge with GC/MS and LC/MS/ instrumentation detection techniques
- Excellent analytical expertise in method development and validation
- Understanding of budgeting and revenue projection
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.