What you need to know
Our client is a multi-award winning manufacturer of branded and private label chilled foods.
As site Technical Manager you will be responsible for the Quality and Food Safety Function. You will provide assurance that the products supplied by the company meets statutory, company policy and agreed customer requirements for Food Safety and Quality through implementation of the Quality System and the application of due diligence procedures and Best Practices.
This is a Permanent role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- You will work with your own team and with management colleagues and all staff across departments to ensure that the quality of all products is being maintained, meets customer specification and that all products shipped from the company are safe, compliant, and traceable.
- Ensure the validity and appropriateness of the HACCP Plan for all products.
- Provide technical expertise and advice in areas of Food safety and legal requirements to support the achievement of business vision, needs and KPI goals.
- Develop and improve on an on-going basis the quality systems and process plan for the site operation and ensure consistency with the company and agreed customer requirements along with meeting FSAI and EC rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement technical improvement projects in response to any potential non-conformances exposed through audits and customer complaints.
- Management of the Relationship with the Department of Agriculture
- Successful maintenance of food standards that support Food Safety & Quality e.g., BRC Standard and associated GFSI standards.
- Regulatory Affairs – keep the company informed on any impending legislation changes, scientific and technical developments, and codes of practice or other changes taking place that may impact on the business.
- Basic and Advanced Food Hygiene training and Micro Training
- Product Specifications
- Management of compliance with customer requirements
- Management of the Technical Relationship with all suppliers and service providers
- Develop the Technical team by leading by example, mentoring, advising in a technical capacity, encouraging teamwork and contributions, along with communicating on key goals and information.
- Set meaningful and measurable goals for departmental members, monitor progress, and give regular feedback along with support for improvement and encouragement for individual development.
What are we looking for?
- 3rd level qualification in a Food Science related subject
- Experience within food manufacturing technical or quality management. Experience in Prepared Foods, particularly in Ready to Eat or High Risk Foods and experience in more than one company would be an advantage.
- Previous experience of working with UK retailers and their audit requirements is essential. Experience of BRC audits is essential.
- You must have good IT skills and able to use Microsoft Office in a proficient manner.
- Experience of managing projects, managing people, and managing colleagues to achieve results is essential.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines within a fast-paced environment is important
- You must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work on your own initiative.
Apply for this job now via link