What you need to know
We have a key management role to fill for our Midlands based client in Longford, who facilitate products for diagnostic testing for various diseases. As a Technical Manager you will have a basic understanding of the scientific principles required to understand the company’s manufacturing processes, as well as having the necessary skills required to record and analyse data from process testing or laboratory experiments.
This is a permanent job and offers an attractive salary
Your new job
Reporting to the Department manager, you will have responsibility for the day to day running of your department; including setting targets, conducting performance reviews in 121 meetings, identifying training needs and agreeing associating performance plans. You will manage the smooth transfer of products between other company and third-party manufacturing sites, whilst providing the lead on product and process improvement projects.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Direct and support technical investigations utilizing the 6S DMAIC process
- Ensure that the relevant EHS and global technical standards are adhered to
- You will create a culture of continuous improvement by supporting the manufacturing team to identify, investigate and document the cause and remedy of NCRs in compliance with CAPAs
- Conduct regular meetings with your team to provide regular appraisals to identify training needs, set targets and agree performance plans
- Identify and communicate the progress and achievements around all owned projects to Site Director and Management Team through formal meetings
- Ensure GMP and GDP requirements are maintained and ensure employees and processes alike confirm to company rules and regulations
What are we looking for?
- A BSc degree or higher in a relevant life science or chemistry discipline
- Minimum of two years people management experience
- Two years’ experience in either:
- the development or manufacturing support of diagnostic assays
- a technical position in a relevant scientific industry
- Proven track record of coaching staff to achieve performance-based goals
- Experience of leading projects in a manufacturing environment and working to associated budget constraints and scheduled target dates
- Experience working in a GMP and GDP environment
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.