Systems Software Engineer
You will work as a Systems Software Engineer for our client, an innovative, growing, and highly successful medical manufacturing company in Co. Westmeath. This is a great opportunity to work in an innovative and collaborative environment.
As the Systems Software Engineer you will report into the Engineering Manager where you will have responsibility for supporting the development of automated production lines and equipment from concept through to retirement.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Lead the design, development and implementation of integrated, automated manufacturing systems and control software applications
- Implement new technologies and systems to support automation projects. Provide controls support to other stakeholder groups as required
- Determine the appropriate solutions for product lines and/or capacity expansions through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and validate end use to industry benchmark standards.
- Support technologies through their lifecycle, troubleshooting issues, identifying and implementing improvements and maintaining technologies through upgrade of obsolete elements
What are we looking for?
- Degree in electrical/ Electronic Engineering or Computer Science.
- Ideally experience of software development, integration, testing and validation of manufacturing systems including PLC’s, motion control, robotics, HMI’s and SCADA.
- At least 3 years experience working in a medical device or pharmaceutical sector would be an advantage.
- Essential experience required with PLC programmers, motion control sensors, in-line vision systems (Cognex in particular), barcode systems, network topology, pc application software and should include commissioning, troubleshooting, and programming.
- Programming of Allen-Bradley Controllogix5000 and PLC5, Siemens S7 ControlNet/DeviceNet, Visual Basic applications, Motion Control programming (Servos, AB, Emerson, Lenze), Barcode systems (SICK, DVT).
- SCADA management utilizing FactoryTalk Application.
Apply for this job or get in touch with Breda on 0874057840
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.