What you need to know
You will work as a Supplier Relationship Manager for our client, a highly successful and well-established medical manufacturing company in Co. Westmeath.
As the Supplier Relationship Manager, you will be over the BIFG (bought in finished goods) and will be responsible for the management, relationship, negotiation, and planning of outsourced contract manufacturing to 3rd party suppliers to ensure finished goods and product availability.
This is a permanent job
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Manage & partner with suppliers to develop business relationships that deliver effective operational control to agreed service levels.
- Manages and negotiates contractual terms as necessary with suppliers to assure long term stability of supply and cost effectiveness
- Plan, support and implement projects with suppliers to drive effective supply, cost control and timeline compliance.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure stability of the supply chain, develop & implement risk management processes to ensure no risk of supply.
- Responsible for negotiating and establishing contractual terms.
- Manage supplier pricing reviews and COGS reduction projects to drive reduced Total Cost of Ownership.
- Works with suppliers to reduce lead times and increase overall supply chain agility.
- Support strategic projects business programs with 3rd party suppliers.
- Ensure suppliers achieve 98% weekly product availability through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, contracts, and periodic business reviews with suppliers.
- Engage & develop continuous supply chain improvement practices to support the continued focus on delivering improved value and service levels.
- Establish supplier benchmarking processes & contributes to business reviews to drive and improve supplier performance.
- Engage with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Finance, Franchise team, Regulatory, etc. to ensure timely delivery of business projects.
- Follow strict adherence to the requirements of cGMP.
- Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Business/Procurement/Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a 3rd party Supply Chain Management environment or contract manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- High understanding of Compliance requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) including validation requirements and Regulatory expectations.
- Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
- Competent user of MS Office tools Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint. Experience with Oracle ERP /ASCP system or similar database system and Business Objects software program
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Strong leadership, decision-making & problem-solving skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.