What you need to know
You will work as a Supplier Quality Engineer II for our client, an established medical manufacturing company in the Tipperary area.
The Supplier Quality Engineer II will be responsible for providing quality leadership to the commodity team. You will provide technical support in the selection of suppliers, support the development of acceptance criteria for materials and directly monitor supplier performance to drive resolution of technical and quality issues.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Assess potential new suppliers for technical, quality and manufacturing capabilities.
- Reviews new design specifications and provides input from component quality and manufacturability perspective.
- Provide input to Design Engineering on new component technology and assist in component selection with quality and reliability analysis.
- Generates and maintains incoming inspection procedures. Trains inspectors to these procedures.
- Develops and/or sources inspection tools and equipment.
- Partnership with supplier on process improvements for capability, reduction in risk and single point failures.
- Ensures that robust solutions are identified, implemented and controlled by Suppliers.
- Ability to independently troubleshoot new product/process problems related to design, material, or processes.
- Works with Procurement, Supplier Quality Engineering, Receiving Inspection, and Business Units to ensure that components meet established requirements.
- Apply sound, systematic problem-solving methodologies.
- Leads team on supplier quality projects.
What are we looking for?
- A Bachelor of Engineering, Sciences or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a Medical Device environment.
- Project Management leadership experience required.
- Role is within Supplier Quality, knowledge of Material Controls & Lead Auditor Qualification will be an advantage.
- Proven leader and team player with the ability to drive tasks / projects to completion.
- Ability to travel 15% of the time.
Apply for this job now by sending your CV to Patricia.
We Value Your Trust.