Matrix Recruitment is exclusively recruiting a Vendor Management Specialist for our Medical Device Client based in East Galway. This is a new permanent job due to growth of the company.
The Vendor Management Specialist is a key member of the Supply Chain team and reports into the Operations Manager. The Vendor Management Specialist has overall responsibility to manage supplier activities and maintain both new and existing supplier relationships. This is a great job opportunity to develop and make it your own.
- Develop and sustain long-standing relationships with company-approved suppliers.
- Meet with suitable suppliers to assess their products, inquire about their services, negotiate pricing, and communicate any product or service-related concerns.
- Conduct research available suppliers to determine which suppliers offer the best pricing and product quality.
- Continually monitor sales trends to determine which products are more popular than others.
- Implement supplier selection programs to ensure that the best suppliers are secured.
- Evaluate current supplier performance programs and identifying ways to improve them.
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders in the business in both Ireland and US in order to meet business needs.
Experience and Qualifications
- Ideally a Business Degree or Supply Chain with qualifications in APICS or CSCP.
- 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing supply chain environment, with at least 2 years in a supplier management role.
- Strong understanding of supply chain methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft & MRP systems
- Strong negotiation, management, attention to detail and decision-making skills.
- A good communicator and strong team player
Please send cv in word format.
If you have the necessary experience and qualifications, please email your cv or contact Breda for more information on 0874057840.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.