Sr R&D Project/Packaging Engineer
What you need to know
Do you want to work for a leading innovative Medical Device Company in the West? Continue to read if so…
You will work as a Sr R&D Project/Packaging Engineer for our client in Parkmore, Galway. In this role you will work within the Cardiac and Vascular Supplier R&D Group. The role will require you to work within project teams and resolve issues by establishing priorities and reaching solutions with team members and functional managers.
Duration: 12 Months
Location: Parkmore / Working from home initially
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Provide technical leadership in design & development of packaging concepts across our key R&D businesses
- Responsible for evaluating materials, design, and configuration of primary, secondary, and other packaging to optimize customer benefit, operations requirements, and the supply chain requirements.
- Draft technical documentation, including specifications, position papers, package testing protocols, and validation associated with the qualification and release of package designs.
- Collaborate with Packaging and Labelling peers to identify and implement best practices for packaging technologies and packaging processes.
- Participate on cross-functional, cross-site project teams focusing on packaging design, packaging technology and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead packaging process development thru characterization & process validation activities
- Excellent problem-solving skills with methodology application for engineering issues
- Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
- Excellent project management & cross functional team collaboration skill set.
- What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, R&D or related discipline and minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area combining breadth and depth, typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife at firstname.lastname@example.org