You will work as a Sourcing Specialist for our client, a leading medical manufacturing company in Co. Galway
As the Sourcing Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting and sourcing of raw material, local sourcing related initiatives, supplier delivery performance and inventory management. You will also support commodity management in pricing, terms & conditions, and quality agreements with key strategic suppliers.
This is a 6 month contract (work from home initially )
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Support the buyer to ensure raw materials are available to Operations.
- Maintain and promote strong relationships with suppliers, internal departments and internal customers.
- Liaise with the Commodity Management and Sourcing Engineering Teams in the development of commodity strategies, inputs and discussions about supplier score card and performance reviews.
- Use problem solving techniques to identify supplier delivery root cause and achieve resolution of production continuity events.
- Daily attendance at Site production meetings.
- Main escalation point from Purchasing to resolve all delivery related issues with suppliers
- Creation and presentation of monthly and quarterly Procurement key performance indicator reviews
What are we looking for?
- 3rd Level Degree in Business/Engineering/Procurement/Supply Chain Management or related discipline.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience ideally in medical device industry.
- Demonstrated experience in managing & developing supplier relationships including contract negotiation.
- Competent user of MS Office tools Access, Excel, Project, Word, Powerpoint.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills. Strong leadership, decision-making & problem-solving skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda on 090 6490485 or 0874057840.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.