What you need to know
You will work as a Site Manager for our client, a highly successful company based in Dublin City Centre.
This is a permanent role.
- As the Site Manager, you will oversee the daily operations, covering shipping, product storafe, maintenance, engineering and administration activities.
- Key Responsibilities
- Site manager responsibilities for the COMAH upper tier and lower tier sites.
- Pro-actively manage and takes responsibility for Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance for activities under direct control
- Overseeing day-to-day challenges including process control deviations, breakdown/corrective maintenance, planning preventative maintenance and adverse weather conditions that may require prioritised resolution to maintain sites integrity.
- Liaison with Supply Manager on inbound LPG/LNG suppliers and co-ordination of all ship discharge related activities.
- Completion of new, and maintenance of existing risk assessments where deemed necessary.
- Mentoring, developing and training your direct and indirect team to improve efficiencies and maintain compliance to standards.
- Lead Emergency Response Team, ensuring preparedness maintained at all times.
- Support all audit inspections required (internal & external) taking ownership for prioritization of actions required and driving through resolution.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure effective resource management, especially through peak and lull seasonal periods, including training, holidays, absenteeism.
- Selection of staff and judgements on suitability. Acting to avoid personnel and trade union raised conflicts and resolve them when they occur to ensure a productive, co-operative work atmosphere is maintained and promoted.
- Holding regular one to one’s and periodic reviews to set goals and develop the teams to meet their individual, team and company goals.
- Attend external industry recognised seminars and conferences relevant to role to ensure we remain compliant with any changes in legislation that is appropriate to the business and to enhance personal development.
- Focus on the continuous improvement of operational performance, identifying opportunities for positive change and managing avoidable risks.
- Design, implement & deliver KPIs, produce statistical system data reports and other measurable data to further drive efficiency in sites performance.
- Management of, and participation in, delivery area on-call rota including availability to attend out of hour incidents.
- Creating a site to be proud of, demonstrated by a high performing team with a positive safety and customer service culture.
What are we looking for
- BEng (or equivalent) qualification, preferably in mechanical or chemical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ relevant operational/engineering experience, which will include experience of budgets, project management, direct/indirect line management etc
- Sound experience of the principles of effective operations management, covering aspects of production, maintenance and engineering, within an LPG/LNG environment.
- Practical understanding of safety case/reports, process safety concepts, incident investigation techniques, permit to work systems, risk assessment requirements and development of work instructions.
- Proven people management experience in a unionised environment.
- Results-orientation with a desire for continuous improvement, particularly in safety through visible felt leadership.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Ability to plan and execute complex engineering projects of various sizes through engineering and organisational management of change processes, supported by Competent Authorities.
- Sound knowledge and experience in using IT systems, especially Navision and Pemac.
- Strategic thinking.
- LEAN 6 Sigma Green Belt useful.
- Project management qualification useful.
- NEBOSH Certificate is a strong advantage.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Joanne on 01 4690901.
We Value Your Trust.