Senior Technical Specialist
What you need to know
You will work a Senior Technical Specialist for our client, a highly successful and established Pharmaceutical company in Co. Westmeath.
Due to further expansion of their site in Athlone, Ireland across 2020, this company have a new opening for a Technical Specialist (known locally as an Associate Research Scientist) in one of the laboratory groups who work with multiple pharmaceutical products and formulations including tablets and capsules.
This role is a senior level Technical Specialist role. The role of the ARS is to act as a Subject matter expert, lead scientific projects and provide full analytical testing support in accordance with GMP practices, including analytical method development, validation and transfer. This is an exciting opportunity to join a Lab that focuses on method development, validation, transfer, stability and quality control testing for all phases of drug development.
This is a Permanent role.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate all aspects of managing method development and validation
- Supervise and assist senior technical staff in laboratory operations
- Interface with clients on scientific issues, study design and project technical requirements
- Plan, direct and implement improvements in systems and processes in order to enhance efficiency and quality
- Assist with strategic planning, business development and new technology implementation
- Display analytical expertise in method development, validation and transfer
- Strong level of technical writing skills
- Have ownership of Laboratory Investigations and Deviations
- Assist with technical mentoring and training
- Build and develop client relationships
- Work on budgeting and revenue projection
- Plan, organize and work to tight deadlines
What are we looking for?
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry.
- 6-8 years of solid experience in GMP regulated Laboratory environment.
- Significant industry experience within an analytical testing laboratory and GMP environment is essential, as well as solid scientific supervisory experience in the pharmaceutical or analytical contract laboratory industry (to include R&D project and program management, direct supervision of technical staff, and direction of laboratory operations).
- This person should be an SME with HPLC, Dissolution, Physicals testing (Foreign Particulates, KF, Particle Size Distribution, etc).
- Extensive knowledge with Foreign Particulate tests & Particle Size Distribution tests, as well as extensive knowledge of all the Physicals Testing techniques.
- Expertise in GMP regulated environment in the areas of analytical method development, validation and transfer for a variety of dosage forms, using a variety of instrumentation which may include (but not limited to) the following: HPLC, Dissolution, HIAC, KF, Zetasizer, Mastersizer, and other applicable analytical instruments.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.