What you need to know
Do you consider yourself at the cutting edge of Gene Therapy technologies? Do you have a PhD in Molecular Biology along with some Post-Doctoral experience? Then I want to hear from you, as my Midlands based client is looking for a Senior Scientist in Molecular Biology to fill a key position in their GMP labs, where they have extended their services to support the development of Gene Therapy products
This is a permanent job with excellent career development prospects within an organisation experiencing year-on-year growth
Your new job
The main function of this role will be to act as a subject matter expert in Molecular Biology and to support the development of Gene Therapy on-site. Primarily working out of the Biopharma and Cell labs under minimum supervision, you will have responsibility for ensuring good scientific conduct throughout the project to ensure all research is honest, transparent and accountable. You will ensure all project issues and updates are effectively communicated to Senior members of the team.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Routinely acts as the project leader on multiple projects, interacting with clients and senior team members
- Perform complex laboratory analysis of pharmaceutical products through proficient use of analytical instrumentation
- Prepares study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents.
- Mentors, trains and coordinates laboratory activities of other team members and assists in troubleshooting instrument and analytical problems.
- Reviews, interprets and analyses data for technical, quality and compliance to all Company protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and GMP
- Designing method validation or method transfer protocols and establish project timelines
- Independently performs method validations, method transfers & analytical testing
What are we looking for?
- PhD in Molecular Biology AND Post-Doctoral experience
- Demonstratable experience of qPCR, RNA and DNA analysis
- Cell Culture and Cell Assay experience
- GMP experience and knowledge (ICH guidelines, USP/EP, EMA/FDA regulations)
- Excellent Project and Time Management skills
- Effective communicator both verbally and written, including proven ability in technical writing
- Able to mentor and train junior lab staff
- Proficient user of technical lab equipment and analytical instrumentation
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.