What you need to know
Our Mayo based client has just completed the building of a brand new Analytical Services Laboratory. The new lab will be key for the organisation and be involved in complex analysis and problem solving for the company.
As part of this growth they are looking to hire a Senior Scientist to join the team and play an integral part in the development of the team and the laboratory.
This is a permanent position with excellent benefits unique to the Company.
Your new job
As a Subject Matter Expert you will have a knowledge base acquired in any of the following areas of expertise: flavour chemistry, microbiology, beverages technology or advanced analytical techniques.
This role will require you to play a lead role in the Lab, where you will have key responsibilities in performing complex analysis, preparing reports and performing maintenance on lab equipment.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Perform basic and complex analytical testing at high level of throughput
- Interpret analytical data
- Maintain lab equipment and instrumentation
- Organise workflow, tasks and schedules
- Mentor Lab Analysts through training and instruction
- Lead research projects
- Provide expert troubleshooting and problem solving
- This role will require 10% Regional & Global travel
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Science, preferably Analytical Chemistry, Microbiology or Food Science
- MSc in Chemistry or Microbiology is desirable
- You should be a SME in one science discipline, i.e. Chemistry, Micro, Instrumentation
- 6 – 8 years’ laboratory experience in an industrial environment (pharma, healthcare or food)
- Experience with Flavours and Concentrates is a distinct advantage
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 09064 90485.
We Value Your Trust.