A leading medical device company who are at the forefront of developing new medical technologies are currently seeking a dynamic and driven Senior R&D Engineer for a 12-month contract in Galway city.
As a Senior R&D Engineer, you will report directly to the R&D Manager and actively participate in all areas of new product development including the design, development and troubleshooting of new products.
This is a 12-month contract.
Your new job:
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
• Represent company while interacting with physicians to distil their needs into product requirements and concepts.
• Provide leadership in technical innovation across the department.
• Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the design process.
• Select materials and processes to come up with working designs.
• Interface effectively and build relationships with team members, other staff and key suppliers, both locally and globally
• May be required to progress a project from concept phase into commercialization phase and play a key role on the product and process fronts.
• Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property.
• Coach and mentor junior members of staff.
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of Degree level 8 in Engineering or related discipline
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in the medical device industry.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player and leader that can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Extensive medical device product development experience and a strong proven track record in innovation and technical leadership.
- A proven influencer who can drive large scale technical initiatives.
- Knowledge of ISO standards for medical devices.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust