What you need to know:
A leading Engineering Services contractor based in Connacht are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor that specialises in Electrical. This international company are looking for someone to join on a permanent basis and to grow and develop with a company that is dedicated to developing talent and rewarding performance.
Your new job:
As a senior electrical quantity surveyor working for this company, you will be working with the best. You will manage the quantity surveying functions for various contracts. Your new responsibilities will include:
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Good communication skills. Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team.
- Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Manage subcontractor accounts, interim valuations and final accounts. Ensure payment certificates are processed and payments are made per the agreed sub-contract and procurement terms. Retentions apply as per agreements.
- Ability to administer the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements. Issue interim and final accounts and progress applications per project and contract requirements. Monthly applications to be all inclusive of accurate remeasures, site changes, dayworks and any applicable contract claims.
- Identify escalations, material or labour, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Have a practical understanding of scheduling and the associated commercial implications. Ensure close collaboration with Planning Engineer regarding accuracy of progress reporting.
- Capable of costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 5+ years of Quantity surveying experience essential on Electrical Projects.
- QS Degree Qualified
- Excellent computer, administration and communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of commercial management, contract conditions and QS role within construction.
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Process driven and focused on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes