Senior Quality Engineer
What you need to know
Do you want to work for a leading innovative Medical Device Company in the West? Continue to read if so…
You will work as a Senior Quality Engineer for our client in Parkmore, Galway. In this role you will work within the Quality Department which focuses on supporting operations. Senior Quality Engineers are directly involved in providing line support and achieving key department metrics thus contributing to the global strategy.
The company is a leading organisation in their field.
This is an initial 12-month contract
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
- Collaborates with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises, implements and monitors methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Participate in preparing / critically reviewing/approving NCMRs/ CAPAs/ Investigations and validation activities, providing expert QA technical direction and solutions as appropriate.
- Ensures effective product control measures in the event of issues being noted.
- Lead and support root cause driven approaches to problem solving efforts for quality issues and implements corrective & preventative actions.
- Ensures that root cause of problem & implements corrective & preventative action measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May manage some direct reports of lower levels and responsible for communication and coordination talent management initiatives with reports.
- Liaises with other departments sites, functions and vendors on a frequent basis. Represents the site at various levels in the organisation. Makes decisions in conjunction with senior management on deadlines that impact the business unit.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) in Science/Engineering or related Discipline.
- 5-8 years of relevant experience within Quality, Engineering, Operations ideally within Medical Devices
- Established and productive individual contributor.
- Works independently with general supervision on larger, moderately complex projects / assignments.
- Strong communication skills as will liaise with internal & external contacts.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife at email@example.com