Senior Process Scientist
What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Process Scientist for our client, a leading Animal health company in Co. Offaly. This company is a world leader in the discovery and delivery of quality veterinary vaccines, medicines, and diagnostic products, complemented by biodevices, genetic tests and precision livestock farming.
The role of this key team member within the Development/Production Department will include responsibility for the development and validation of processes for recombinant proteins for veterinary use. This will include working with teams, both in on-site in Tullamore and externally with Contract Manufacturing Organisations for some of the process development activity, and technical transfer of the process into the facility in Tullamore.
Reporting to: Process Development Manager
This is a Permanent role
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Have significant knowledge of bioprocessing.
- Applies technical skills and functional knowledge independently and proactively. May act as a technical resource within own group/team.
- Assist with decisions that impact own work/ team group with the ability to make- decisions that may resolve moderately complex problems.
- Exercise’s judgment utilizing established approaches as well as prior work experience, consulting others appropriately.
- Works under limited supervision and provides novel process solutions, new ideas and knowledge.
- Contributes to achievement of goals at the team level and takes responsibility for a portion of the team’s milestones or deliverables.
- Proactively offers to investigate a problem using own resources to resolve an issue.
- May provide training/ coaching/ mentoring within work group/ team and supervise other colleagues.
- Influences at the work group and/or project team level.
- Modifies existing process to improve the efficiency of the work group or function.
- To support the development, optimisation, scale-up and validation of all steps in the monoclonal antibody production process.
- Work with external service providers (CMOs) to provide the necessary technical support for successful completion of projects, including the transfer of the process into the facility.
- Support the writing of Batch Manufacturing Records, SOPs, and other quality system documentation required for GMP manufacture.
- Provide hands-on technical support for all manufacturing activities, including buffer/media preparation, cell culture and purification processes.
- Provide technical input and support writing of technical reports required for regulatory purposes.
- Participate in Quality and Safety regulatory audits.
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives and action plans to implement operational excellence and lean practices.
What are we looking for?
- BSc, MSc, PhD in a relevant discipline (e.g. biochemistry, chemistry, process engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years’ relevant experience in bioprocess development and/or manufacturing
- Protein purification, lab-scale and pilot scale.
- Knowledge of UNICORN programming desirable.
- Lean six sigma certified.
- Skills with chromatography systems, filtration systems.
- Working in a controlled regulated environment e.g. GMP/GLP.
- Knowledge of analytical methods required for protein characterisation.
- Knowledge of key suppliers of process materials and equipment, including disposable systems.
- Experience working with external contractors.
- Excellent project management capability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to maintain very clear records of work completed.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team across all departments in the site
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife on Aoife.email@example.com
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.