What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer for our client, a leading manufacturing company in Waterford.
This is a permanent job. The salary will be dependent on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Providing support, as part of a team, to a large number of computing devices and users within the one facility
- Expertise in enterprise systems and software such as SCCM, GPO, AD, DNS, DHCP, Bitlocker etc
- Proficiency in system admin scripting
- Capable of design, configure and support of computer Infrastructure including Network, SAN, NAS, Servers, PCs, Laptops, Centralized Print System and general hardware
- In-depth knowledge of windows patching and WSUS
- In-depth knowledge of backup systems such as Data Protector and Veeam
- Responsibility for Backup, Restore and Disaster Recovery strategies.
- Responsibility for VMWare solution – configuration & support.
- Responsibility for various Infrastructure projects.
- Responsibility for Computer & Comms rooms – fiber, cabling, power, cooling & general facilities
- Good understanding of cisco switches and access points
- Installation and support of various software applications.
- Liaise with vendors on technical projects, installations and error resolution
- Knowledge of enterprise systems such as Office365, desktop backups, web proxy, firewall
- In-depth knowledge of mobile devices such as phones and tablets
- In-depth knowledge of server storage solutions
- Be able to juggle a mix of 70% daily tasks and 30% infrastructure projects
- Familiarity with administering oracle databases advantageous
- Provide out of hours support on a Rota basis to the Plant for critical areas – Minimizing Downtime.
What are we looking for?
- Third level Qualification in Computer Science or similar
- Professional Project Management Certified is preferred
- 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Previous experience in regulated manufacturing environment advantageous
- Familiarity with administering oracle databases is desirable
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Ronan Douglas on 051-353825