What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Senior Fund Accounting Consultant for our client, a global investment banking company based in Dublin (remote at the moment).
Currently seeking a Senior Consultant within a growing Fund Accounting department. As the Senior Consultant, you will have responsibility for accurately reviewing and signing off NAV calculations, act as the subject matter expert on the team for all fund specific requirements and take the lead in rolling out new system enhancements and procedures.
This is an 11-month contract. Salary will depend on experience. This job is remote for the moment and you will need to possess your own laptop / PC.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Hold responsibility for accurately reviewing and signing off NAV calculations
- Collate and provide feedback from Fund Accounting department to the relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for co-coordinating and leading systems testing and procedures in the team
- Act as the technical and subject matter expert on the team and handle all specific fund requirements
- Mentor individuals and peers during projects and assignments
- Lead the team on cross-function process or project deliverables, minimising errors in all deliverables
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the industry and keep abreast of emerging industry trends
- Instil a client service culture among staff and ensures that all clients receive a quality service
- Identify, assist and delegate projects/assignments and tasks to individuals and peers
- Maintain accountability for the projects/assignments
- Provide progression feedback and recognition to the individuals and the project team
- Engage with key stakeholders to understand business needs and requirements, management of stated stakeholder needs
- Proactive problem solving and issue resolution and development of key communications related to projects, programmes or activities of the team
- Previous fund accounting experience or relevant operational/accounting experience
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting applications preferred with the ability to implement interfaces with other systems
- Maintain an understanding of the industry and in particular the company systems, infrastructure and process/data flows
- Experience with vendors an advantage (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills with the ability to think creatively
- Organises own workload and establishes priorities
- Demonstrates good knowledge of standards and procedures required for own tasks
- Excellent PC skills especially MS Excel
- Third level qualification or pursuing a professional accounting qualification an advantage
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.