What you need to know
You will work as the Senior Employee Relations Specialist for our client, a highly successful and established medical device company in Galway.
You will be responsible for the Employee and Labour Relations activities for the company. You will work alongside the HR team and report the HR Manager.
This is a permanent role.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Manage the employee & labour relations activities in an unionised environment.
- Design, implement and develop ER strategies in line with organisational requirements.
- Develop policies, training, comms, and recommendations to improve employee relations management for discipline or termination of contracts.
- Implement ER programs & initiatives.
- Keep up-to-date with current ER legislation, ensuring company policies are updated.
- Coordinate the prep for WRC/legal issues that may occur.
- Be matter expert for all employee relations queries for managers such as disciplinary, grievance, diversity, bullying & harassment.
- Ensure the organisation is legally protected in all employee matters while considering the employee experience and balancing appropriate risk.
- Counsel & assist all employees on relevant issues.
- Conduct workplace investigations & disciplinary procedures.
- Work on individual projects & activities focused on reducing ER issues.
- Encourage a culture of manager self-sufficiency.
- Analyse ER data, identify trends and advise improvements to process, culture & performance.
- The main point of contact for all union engagement, managing the working relationship with the union.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in HR/Legal or related discipline.
- At least 5-years’ experience in a similar role providing expert advice to managers & employees.
- Experience/knowledge of medical device or pharmaceutical industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Irish employment law.
- Experience preparing WRC cases for an organisation.
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written).
- Proven track record of influencing senior-level managers.
- Ability to coach managers to encourage self-sufficiency.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Previously designed & implemented ER policies.
- Post graduate qualification in HR or related discipline.
- Experience working in an unionised environment.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Áine on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgment email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.