What you need to know
You will work as a Senior EHS Officer for our client, a highly successful and well-established regulated manufacturing company in Co. Offaly. This a great opportunity for someone looking to take a step up in their career.
As the Senior EHS Officer, you will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all the environmental and health and safety company standards, procedures and policies within the manufacturing facility. You will be responsible for the manufacturing facility activities and minimising company liability and promote sustainability.
Get in touch and don’t miss out on a job opportunity like this.
This is a permanent job
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Lead the development, implementation and continual enhancement of the EHS Management System at the facility.
- Lead EHS planning at the facility, including the setting of goals, prioritizing facility needs and establishing adequate systems for performance review and improvement.
- Assist department managers, supervisors and employees with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives.
- Conduct and/or coordinate EHS inspections and assessments to assure compliance with regulatory requirements, EHS initiatives and Key Performance Measures (KPM) expectations, identify opportunities for improvement, and provide recommendations based on findings.
- Provide progress reports, as appropriate, to corporate and facility management and facility employees relative to EHS goals, metrics and other performance indicators
- Coordinates resources to ensure EHS aspects and requirements, including legal requirements as contained in codes, laws, permits, licenses, orders, etc., affecting the facility are fully understood and properly managed.
- Evaluate new materials and material use to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, promote a safe work environment and protect the environment.
- Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing safety hazards and environmental impact
- Lead the development, maintenance, implementation, and annual review of EHS policies, procedures and responsibilities, and develop/direct activities that will stimulate and maintain employee interest as well as improve EHS performance.
- Manage the facility incident investigation process.
- Plan, develop, deliver, and coordinate effective EHS training to all facility employees, temporary workers, contractors, and visitors to promote a strong EHS culture.
- Participating in special projects as identified.
What are we looking for?
- Qualification in bachelor’s degree in EHS or engineering.
- 3 years previous work experience ideally at a senior level but must be in a regulated manufacturing company.
- Strong, communication, organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent training skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet KPI’S within this sector.
- Working knowledge of MS Office – excel, PowerPoint and word. Experience working on other software programs.
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Drives a high-performance culture and Continuous Improvement.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Breda.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.