What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Senior Counsel for our client, a global Investment Banking company.
This job will suit you if you are a very experienced attorney who has Irish Asset Servicing (custody, fund admin/ TA) experience.
This role is remote until further notice but is based with the Dublin team. This is a 9-month contract.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Work on the legal team currently comprising of four company lawyers and a legal assistant
- The work will include the provision of the following legal services:
- Advice on all depositary/trustee/fund administration issues
- Negotiation and settling of Depositary and Fund Administration Agreements and all ancillary agreements
- Analysis of implications of EU and domestic legislation and regulations affecting the business
- Structuring of specialist funds (such as hedge funds, money market funds, master/feeder funds), reviewing and drafting of all fund documentation to include prospectuses, constitutional documentation and material contracts
- Liaison with domestic and foreign regulators and lawyers in relation to all of the foregoing and in relation to fund registration requirements
- Reviewing IT contracts, maintenance/licence agreements and other service contracts
- Build and maintain ongoing relationships with outside counsel
- Providing company secretarial support and some administrative responsibilities as required
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness
- Notify management and/or Compliance immediately of any regulatory breach.
- As the Counsel, you will face-off with the Head of Legal for Ireland who will direct day to day workload prioritisation for the Counsel and have direct input into the Counsel’s performance review
- Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience in a law firm, bank or financial services
- LLB or equivalent from an approved and recognized law school in a common-law jurisdiction, and a qualified solicitor or equivalent with relevant experience in the banking sector Hold a mix of general company/commercial and financial services experience.
- Familiarity with the UCITS and AIFM Directives and their application is greatly preferred
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills required, together with ability to handle a broad financial services and related commercial caseload
- Practical and commercial approach and an appreciation of the need to provide practical solutions for clients
- Experience in negotiating and advising financial institutions engaged in transactions involving securities finance (e.g. repo, securities lending, derivatives), collateral services (including derivatives collateral management, liquidity services, tripartite control agreements), global custody and clearing, security agreements, prime brokerage services
- Experience negotiating complex service agreements with professional customers
- Must be a self-starter with ability to function independently.
- Highest standards of integrity and ethics.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.