What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Senior Compliance Specialist for our client in investment banking based in Dublin.
As the Senior Compliance Specialist, you will be a member of the Compliance and Ethics function in Ireland, specifically the Compliance Advisory Team, supporting the activities of the company’s Irish regulated entities. The role reports to the Country Compliance Officer.
This is a 12-month contract.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the business units in their compliance efforts to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements
- Along with business unit managers, respond to and develop compliance reporting
- Work with business units to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made
- Analyse existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements
- Contribute to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment
- Validate the appropriateness of control processes and guide the assigned business units in implementing improvements
- Maintains strong working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and senior business unit managers in order to ensure the timely delivery of information
- Contribute to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting the company
- Help prepare risk based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps
- Contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking as well as the preparation of time sensitive reporting and escalating issues to management
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness
- Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach
- Business or Finance degree preferred
- 7-10 years of total work experience preferred. Audit or Compliance background and experience with financial services compliance
- Ability to work in calm, professional manner in an environment of change and under pressure
- Good Analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to escalate and prioritise effectively
- Able to take on and complete tasks (with oversight)
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.