What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Company Secretary for our client, a global investment banking company based in Dublin City Centre.
As Company Secretary, you will be part of the EMEA Office of the Corporate Secretary with responsibility for ensuring that our Irish entities and their committees comply with Irish statutory/regulatory/governance requirements. You will also play a key role in various EMEA wide governance initiatives.
This job reports in to the Head of the EMEA Office of the Corporate Secretary.
This is a 12-month contract position with a daily rate of up to €320 depending on experience.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Managing and taking responsibility for the provision of a comprehensive company secretarial and governance service to the Irish entities, advising senior stakeholders, directors, committee members and functional leads on a wide range of company law, regulatory and governance issues.
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and ensuring that the Irish entities are compliant with applicable laws/regulations.
- Maintaining and updating the statutory records, ensuring the timely filing of annual returns, financial statements and statutory returns.
- Assisting in reviewing, negotiating and approving for execution documentation such as powers of attorney and letters of representation.
- Collaborating with members of the Office of the Corporate Secretary to ensure that information is shared in a timely and comprehensive manner and ensuring that the highest standards of corporate governance are maintained at all times.
- Organising and being responsible for board and committee meetings, including preparing agendas, collating and circulating board/committee papers and preparing minutes for all boards and committee meetings as required.
- Providing guidance, and being a strategic adviser, to the directors and management on the Companies Act 2014 and other relevant corporate governance requirements.
- Establishing a good working relationship with independent non-executive directors (“INEDs”) and providing them with the appropriate level of support and guidance.
- Providing company secretarial services to a portfolio of clients of the Irish business, including funds, ICAVs and SPVs, including responsibility for scheduling, hosting and minuting quarterly board meetings, maintenance of their statutory records and responsibility for their statutory filings, liaising with other service providers eg. auditors, lawyers, INEDs.
- Providing company secretarial assistance in respect of corporate restructurings and M&A projects impacting the Irish entities.
- Partnering with Regional Management on EMEA governance projects and helping to manage and implement key strategic decisions.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with functional leads and business partners across EMEA, e.g. CEO Office, Compliance, Finance, Internal Audit and Risk
- On-boarding new directors and identifying and arranging training for the directors/committee members according to their needs.
- Miscellaneous company secretarial tasks as required from time to time.
What are we looking for?
- ICSA qualified or graduate with law degree.
- Previous experience of working in a company secretarial function within financial services, professional services or a matrixed multinational organization, or corporate law expertise gained in a law firm or an in-house environment.
- Good knowledge of corporate law/corporate governance/applicable financial regulations.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and balance competing and conflicting priorities.
- Fully conversant with Word for Windows, Excel and PowerPoint, and other relevant technology packages (i.e. Blueprint, Board Vantage, GEMS).
- Proven experience working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
Apply for this job below!
We Value Your Trust.