What you need to know
You will work as a Senior Buyer for our client, a food manufacturing company in Co. Westmeath. This company is a well-known brand, and they are looking to hire a Senior Buyer.
The Senior Buyer is a new job within the company. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for all supplier management, inventory management/control, stock accuracy, buying and ensuring stock is there to meet production plans. You will work alongside planning and production and report into the Supply Chain Manager.
This is a permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
• Purchasing of materials in accordance with the site’s buying strategy
• Controlling costs and reporting on price deviations and cost saving programmes.
• Ordering and managing the movement of stock in line with MRP.
• Ensuring stock levels are within the agreed targets and operating within the company’s shelf-life policies
• Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers and maintain an ongoing valuable partnership.
• Negotiating with vendors and close deals with optimal terms within the company’s purchasing budget.
• Manage and control purchase order processes within the manufacturing industry.
• Search and source new suppliers and vendors with NPD team
• Assist with compiling quarterly supplier assessments based on KPI’s.
What are we looking for?
• 3rd Level Degree in Business/Supply Chain/Engineering ideally.
• A minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience of buying and in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
• Strong MRP and excel experience.
• Excellent negotiation skills and a strong decision maker.
• In-depth knowledge of order management, inventory control, buying and scheduling.
• Act on own initiative, strong IT, administrative, planning, organisation and communication skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with your Breda and 090 6490485 or 0874057840
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.