What you need to know
An innovative and growing medical devices company in Roscommon who provide their clients with bespoke and high-quality products is currently seeking a Senior Automation Engineer to manage design process improvement initiatives and lead in house automation projects.
The company provide tailored technical solutions and manufacturing services to an array of leading med-tech companies. They pride themselves on their meticulous and professional approach throughout the manufacturing process and have an outstanding track record of developing new products from concept generation through to commercialisation.
As a Senior Automation Engineer you will report directly to the Business Unit Engineering Manager and will design process improvement and lead inhouse automation projects.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Provide technical guidance from concept through design, development, system delivery, commissioning and validation.
- Liaise with Engineering team to improve automation systems.
- Develop automation procedures to support and maintain process lines.
- Implement and support automation systems for manufacturing and packaging.
- Assist in setting up new machines.
- Provide automated solutions on budget and with designated timelines.
- Manage and control assigned projects.
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes.
- Read, analyse, and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
What are we looking for?
- Degree/ Diploma in Mechatronics / Electrical Engineering or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 – 6 years relevant experience ideally with within a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency in hardware and software designs and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spread sheets, Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, VB.
- PLC Programming experience / ability.
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Ability to effectively present information to senior management and customer/client groups.
- Experience dealing with customers and third-party vendors.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust