What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Senior AML Officer for our client, an investment bank, based in Dublin City Centre.
Experience in Ireland compliance regulatory experience in financial crime and in a fund administration type entity is preferred.
This is a 3-month contract position.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Oversight of the AML/CFT framework within the firm, ensuring it is comprehensive, robust and compliant with corporate policy and regulatory obligations
- Conducting assigned AML/financial crime monitoring reviews
- Review and update to AML/financial crime policies and procedures
- Investigating AML/financial crime issues and regulatory matters arising
- As directed, analysing existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements/changes and industry practices which may impact the firm. Conduct gap analysis on the implications and assist the assigned business areas to develop and implement AML policies and procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements
- As directed, contributing to the development of projects and initiatives to improve AML compliance and enhance the control environment within the firm
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Promoting a strong compliance culture within the firm
- Administering the SAR reporting obligations on behalf of the Ireland MLRO
- As directed, investigate suspicious activity reported to the MLRO, ensuring SAR obligations are met in compliance with corporate policy and regulatory obligations
- Complete assigned AML/CFT Monitoring reviews in line with corporate policy and local procedures, ensure all required documentation is uploaded into Extraview / GCMS and available for auditing purposes
- Analyse and validate the control processes within the firm to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable corporate policies, local procedures and regulations
- Identify, escalate and seek resolution of weaknesses or gaps in internal procedures or controls within the business
- Review AML/CFT procedures to ensure adherence to AML/CFT framework, ensuring they are compliant with corporate policy and regulatory obligations
- Contribute to the maintenance and refresh of business area and team procedures
- Assist with the timely completion of audit and regulatory reports and requests for information
- Review and support the firms’ business areas in the following:
- PEP and high risk form review
- General AML, financial crime queries – provide AML advice and guidance to business/operational staff
- Assist businesses in ensuring that AML issues are addressed in the event of changes to systems, client take-ons, acquisitions and any other relevant projects;
- Supporting client/Fund MLRO due diligence visits as required
- Assist the business to prepare and review all relevant submissions for EMEA Anti-Money Laundering Oversight Committee (EAMLOC) in advance of meetings;
- Support the development of and deliver AML training programmes as required
What are we looking for?
- Specific Ireland compliance regulatory experience in financial crime and preferably in a fund administration type entity.
- Strong experience in financial services.
- Knowledge of the funds industry being a distinct advantage
- Strong prior experience of Irish (or equivalent) AML legislation and regulatory requirements
- Background in Compliance would be a distinct advantage
- Management skills to balance multiple priorities are key to this role
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Superior interpersonal, and communication skills
- Proactive approach and sound judgement
- Keen interest in emerging AML/CFT regulations
We Value Your Trust.