What you need to know
We are currently seeking a Scrum Master for our client, a global multinational Investment banking company based in Dublin City Centre.
This is a 12 month contract role with a daily rate of up to €650.
Seeking a Scrum Master with a track record of experience in financial services – ideally within the capital markets side of things – someone who is familiar with stock & bonds and how the buying and selling of same works.
The role will be 80% delivery focussed, holding teams responsible, providing meaningful dashboards and 20% coaching (used to working with internal teams that are not overly savvy on agile)
The business are launching a new product and platform. It will be a dynamic and changing environment. It will be a high profile, visible project for the company.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Mentor the team and the Product Owner on Scrum and Agile best practices
- Continuously improve team productivity
- Educate the team, Product Owner and stakeholders on the business value of engineering practices, and promote the use of engineering practices
- Facilitate the completion of the work without applying pressure on the team or assigning work
- In collaboration with the team and Product Owner, regularly assess the Agile maturity of the team, identify improvement opportunities, and implement the improvements at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and the organization
- Coach the Product Owner on creating and maintaining a continuously prioritized Product Backlog of stories with clear acceptance criteria and high-level estimates
- In collaboration with the team, facilitate the creation of team agreements which minimally include a Definition of Done (DOD) and a Definition of Ready (DOR)
- Facilitate Release Planning by ensuring that the Product Owner has shared and explained the Release Plan goal(s) to the team
- Facilitate the team’s planning stories in all sprints in the Release Plan up to the team’s capacity
- Obtain stakeholder feedback on the release plan prior to approval
- Obtain approval on the Release Plan
- In collaboration with the team, identify and mitigate risks, issues and dependencies internal and external to the team
- Remove impediments that prevent the team from delivering work and continuously improving
- Elaboration sessions, Sprint planning preparation sessions, Sprint planning, Daily stand-ups
- Coaching the team on the value and use of relative estimation, executing Design/Build/Test activities daily, testing early and often during each sprint; not leaving testing until the end of the sprint etc
- In collaboration with the Product Owner, management and stakeholders, modifying the Release Plan as new information emerges throughout the sprints; communicating the latest version of the Release Plan at every sprint boundary, at a minimum, and ensuring stakeholders are aware of the updates to the Release Plan and any impact to their requests
What are we looking for?
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of software development methodologies and fundamentals (Agile, SCRUM, Kanban, Lean, Waterfall, etc.)
- Advanced interpersonal skills – able to establish strong working relationships and promote bi-directional communication within and across teams and programs
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques such as continuous integration, automated testing, test-first approaches such as TDD, ATDD, etc., pairing for various roles, Agile games, etc.
- Skilled in facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency, building trust and servant leadership
- Able to organize, moderate and demonstrate Agile industry best practices
We Value Your Trust.