What you need to know
You will work a Scientist in Inhalations for our client, a highly successful and established Pharmaceutical company in Co. Westmeath.
In this role scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As a Scientist, you will use state-of-the-art technologies to perform high-quality sample testing for key pharmaceutical clients across the industry. Your sample preparation and sample analysis serves as an integral piece in helping PPD accomplish our goal of helping bring life-changing therapies to market.
This is a Contract role.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of complex sample preparation and analysis procedures
- Works with multiple functional groups to meet business needs
- Plans and organizes work with periodic supervision
- Sets up and maintains analytical instrumentation
- Trains on routine operation, maintenance and theory of analytical instrumentation, SOPs, and regulatory procedures and guidelines
- Ensures QA findings are addressed appropriately
- Communicates project status to project leaders
- Provides assistance and training to other team members
- Performs work assignments accurately, and in a timely and safe manner
- Reviews, interprets, and analyzes data for technical, quality and compliance to protocols, methods, SOPs, client criteria and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) or Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 2+ years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience. OR Masters degree
- HPLC, GC, Inhalation Testing (Cascade Impaction, Dose delivery, Particle Size analysis), Karl Fischer, UV-Vis;
- Manual dexterity.
- Communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction.
- Cooperate with coworkers within an organized team environment or work alone with supervision.
- Manage time effectively to complete assignments in expected time frame.
- Maintain a laboratory notebook and complete all documentation with clear and accurate language and according to the SOP.
- Proficient in the use of analytical instrumentation, skills in separation science techniques (HPLC, GC) are desired.
- Ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion.
- Proficient in the operation of the computer and data acquisition programs.
- Positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to write protocols and reports with minimum supervision
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.