What you need to know
Due to further expansion, our client is looking to hire an experienced Scientist and a Senior Scientist to join their Inhalation team at their GMP laboratory located in Athlone. There are genuine opportunities for growth and progression within the company, due to their future expansion plans based upon their year-on-year growth.
This is a permanent job and successful candidates will receive a generous joiner bonus upon completion of their probation!
Your new job
As a Scientist you would work with minimal supervision, interpreting analytical data regarding acceptability and consistency, whilst setting up and maintaining analytical instrumentation.
As a Senior Scientist you would also routinely act as the project leader on multiple projects and will interact with clients, review and evaluate data, write reports and protocols. As a senior you will provide support and training to junior laboratory staff.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Perform analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations for stability testing
- Provide full analytical testing support for inhalation devices (pMDIs, DPIs, nebulizers, nasal sprays and novel devices) in accordance with GMP
- Perform a variety of complex sample preparations
- Plan, schedule and complete projects within the lab
- Senior Scientists would also be providing support and training to junior lab staff
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant scientific field, ie. Chemistry
- Minimum requirement for experience of working in a GMP laboratory & for industry experience of testing inhalation devices:
- 3 – 4 years for Scientist level
- 5+ years for Senior Scientist level
- Industry based testing experience of inhalation devices to include cascade impaction, dose delivery and particle size analysis
- Strong analytical chemistry knowledge and HPLC experience in industry
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written, with a can-do and collaborative approach to their work
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.