Scientist – Cell Lab
What you need to know
You will work a Scientist for our client, a highly successful and established Pharmaceutical company in Co. Westmeath.
Due to continued success and growth, this company are looking for an experienced Scientist to be based in their Cell Lab for their GMP Lab in Athlone, Ireland.
Cell-based assays, or bioassays, are designed to establish the potency and stability of a drug substance/product. Potency assays are necessary for regulatory submission and lot release, and must be validated to meet international guidelines and under GMP quality system compliance.
This is a Permanent role.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Cell Lab Scientist’s primary responsibilities involve supporting the design, conduct and oversight of development projects to create and validate new bioassay methods, enhancing existing methods, and transferring client-provided methods.
- Consulting with clients on an ongoing basis with project updates.
- Training / Mentoring junior scientists on the team
- Troubleshooting of instruments and method performance, and
- Preparing technical reports and papers.
- Hands-on quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell-based assay techniques.
- Working within ICH and USP guidelines and FDA GMP regulatory requirements.
What are we looking for?
- Life science degree in microbiology, immunology or cell biology and experience in developing cellular and immunologically based assays; or equivalent cumulative experience
- Experience in developing cellular and immunologically based assays
- Direct hands-on experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis using immunochemistry or cell based assay techniques is a strong advantage
- Strong foundation of knowledge in biological sciences and good aseptic technique is essential
- Working knowledge of ICH and USP guidelines and FDA GMP regulatory requirements is desired
- Good verbal and written communication skills are expected
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife on 090 64 90485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.