What you need to know
A leading animal feed manufacturer in Co. Longford with operations in Ireland and continental Europe are currently seeking a driven and proactive Reliability Engineer to join their engineering team.
You will report directly to the Engineering Manager and drive standards in terms of work organisation, approach and attention to detail. Overall, you will reduce down time of equipment in the plant and improve equipment availability and performance.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Set a high standard in terms of work organisation, approach, attention to detail on BD, PM & WR completion, safety and hygiene across the maintenance team, driving this standard and providing support as appropriate.
- Ensure all documentation is updated, filed and maintained adequately on an on-going basis
- Reduce downtime <5%
- Increase equipment availability & performance.
- PM completion targets
- Improvement projects / tasks completed as per plan – High execution rate (>90%)
- Work with section Leads to deliver Root Cause Analysys approach.
- Ensure AMIS principles are upheld and followed.
- Reduce breakdown / fire-fighting maintenance, moving to planned maintenance (Target Ratio 80% Planned / 20% Unplanned)
- Direct the PM Team (2nd Line) in conjunction with the PM Team Leader ensuring effective PM’s (by regular / structured PM Review), and completing follow up works during PM’s where possible,
- Effective Planning (workload, manning, shutdowns, holiday cover)
- Delivery of FMECA Program
- Management of the Technical Library incl, identification and requests for new Equipment manuals.
- Engage daily / weekly in KPI reviews.
Developing the Engineering Team
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager, develop Skills Matrix for team, identify training requirements and devise & execute maintenance training program.
- Keep up to date on maintenance developments and methodologies.
- Delegate for the Engineering Manager as required
- Conduct weekly Material Review meeting.
- Ensure delivery of the SUSA Program for Engineering.
- Ensure delivery of the CAP Program for Engineering.
- Ensure Team members attend Product Reviews.
- Knowledge management in terms of asset information/Knowledge transfer between team members for key equipment, shift handovers, equipment manuals, equipment upgrades, Technical Notices, best practice in maintenance etc.
What are we looking for?
- Work under pressure and under minimal supervision.
- Third Level Qualification in Engineering, Science or to Senior Trades level, or comparable European NFQ qualifications or similar
- Safety, Documentation and GMP awareness / compliant.
- Interest / initiative in improving processes.
- Good writing / record keeping (e.g., maintenance reports / job cards), and communication skills.
- Excellent Team Player
- Excellent PC Literacy and navigation including full MS package, Power BI, Condition Based Monitoring, ERP System
- Desire to develop / improve / multi-skill.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust