What you need to know:
A multinational medical device company in Galway are looking for a R&D technician to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join the global leader in medical technologies. This is an initial 12 month contract in which you will gain valuable experience in the medical device industry.
Your new job:
As a R&D Technician your responsibilities will include:
- Support Engineering team in building and testing prototype samples for verifications and evaluation
- Test, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical solutions to resolve issues that arise with ventilator products.
- Work with manufacturing and suppliers to procure parts and samples needed for internal and external testing.
- Maintain lab and lab equipment in a safe and organized manner for use by Engineering team.
- Support plant production goals by resolving technical and related electronics issues as they arise in production.
- Work with external labs to complete testing and certification of products
- Perform operations in accordance with established safe working procedures, regulations, standards and general safety rules ensuring that attention is given to special hazards associated with the particular area of work.
What are we looking for?
You will have:
- Minimum of a level 7 degree in Electronic or Mechanical Engineering (or closely related discipline).
- 2 years’ experience in an Engineering environment with Medical Device Industry experience an advantage
- Willingness to work on a broad spectrum of sub-systems, ranging from analogue, microprocessor, transducer interfacing, power supply and pneumatic based designs
- Experience using and maintaining standard lab equipment (oscilloscopes, logic, PSUs, multimeters etc)
- Experience of working with quality system requirements, within a regulatory framework and formal design controls is desirable.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- The ability to manage workload on own initiative.
- Commitment to ongoing professional development.
- A dynamic, positive attitude and action oriented
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Jack Linnane on 09064 90485.
We Value Your Trust.