What you need to know
You will work as an R&D Software Engineer for our client based in the Carlow region for their New Product Development Department.
This is a Permanent job.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Draft/develop requirement specifications.
- Demonstrates the ability to take a product concept or prototype to full commercialization
- Deliver/support with Proof of Concepts focusing on any uncertain design aspects/features.
- Develop product concepts taking inputs from the multidisciplinary team.
- Develop detailed design outputs, including software code and release notes.
- Draft test protocols as part of design verification activities, execute any testing and produce test reports.
- Support with Transfer to Production activities, e.g. test and inspection plans, equipment validation, SOP/work instruction development.
- Manage change control within the product lifecycle.
- Identify design improvements and value engineering opportunities.
- Participate in field deployments of prototype/pilot devices, may include some travel.
- Attend design reviews and project technical progress meetings.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in software engineering.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar role- Product Development Engineering.
- Experience in:
- Cloud-based solutions
- IoT platforms
- wireless communication technologies (LoRA, Sigfox, NB-IOT, 4G/GPRS)
- object-oriented programming
- software versioning and repository tools
- unit testing and data analytics
- Prior experience in developing sensors for environmental analysis, particularly in-situ monitoring, would be an advantage.
Apply for this job now by sending your CV to John.
We Value Your Trust.