One of the world’s largest medical device companies who are at the forefront of developing new medical technologies are currently seeking a dynamic and driven R&D Engineer for a 12-month contract in Galway city.
As a R&D Engineer, you will report directly to the R&D Manager and use your technical knowledge to develop innovative products. You will be at the forefront of developing new transcatheter medical devices and associated therapies from concept generation through to commercialisation.
This is a 12-month contract.
Your new job:
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with cross functional team to implement finite element strategy.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct finite element analysis and numerical modelling techniques to support the design and development of products.
- Apply knowledge of materials and testing procedures to obtain fundamental material behavior data.
- Develop predictive engineering tools, techniques, and approaches to enhance the product development process.
- Design, develop, analyse, troubleshoot, and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
- Design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise
- Ensure compliance to quality system requirements
- Translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products.
- Implement strategic goals aligned to the operating unit strategy
- Generate innovative solutions to advance therapies and contribute to intellectual property portfolio.
What are we looking for?
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering or related discipline
- 2 years relevant FEA experience.
- Experience using ABAQUS and/or LS Dyna, preferably.
- Experience in the use of scripting to automate tasks and processes.
- Experience in the verification and validation of computational models. Experience with ASME V&V 40-2018 is desirable.
- Strong technical report writing skills.
- Strong technical aptitude with a deep understanding of the finite element method and fundamental engineering principles.
- Dynamic team player that can work effectively on cross-functional teams.
- Proven track record in delivering quality results in a timely and effective manner.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Value Your Trust