What you need to know
A leading and reputable company in the packaging industry who manufacture bespoke products for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry in Co. Offaly is currently seeking an experienced and committed R&D Engineer to join their team.
As an R&D Engineer, you will report directly to the R&D Manger on site and will support packaging development initiatives. You will be responsible for applications development, new materials introduction and material enhancements.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Drive the definition of critical to quality specifications for packaging solutions.
- Ensure proper documentation of work and contribute to knowledge library.
- Work with Senior Product Development Engineers and Procurement to scope and initiate vendor programs, including new raw materials introductions.
- Collaborate with areas such as Engineering, Operations and Quality to resolve technical challenges, supporting sustained solution ownership.
- Follow and/or develop standard operating procedures and train/share with others to advance company operation
- Work with Product Engineers to prepare product specifications.
- To ensure that all products are developed in a controlled manner and adhere to existing regulatory requirements
- Ensure activities on assigned projects are within budgets and scheduled.
- Produce regular progress reports on assigned projects and interim or monthly reports as required.
- Qualification and validation of new products, materials, equipment or methods according to internal and international quality standards and requirements.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Engineering / Science or a relevant technical field.
- 2 + years relevant experience as an R&D Engineer in regulated manufacturing environment
- Proven analytical thinking, results orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Strong organizational skills in handling multiple responsibilities simultaneously with high attention to details and a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of contacts from corporate to manufacturing employees – both oral and written.
- Drives a high performing culture and Continuous Improvement.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Apply for this job now by sending in a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Value Your Trust