We are currently recruiting a Project Quantity surveyor for our client a steel company in the midlands. You will be working as part of a construction team at the head office with direct reporting to the Commercial Manager. This position will be site based but remote working is an option one day per week.
Your new job
- Engage with the team to review tender documents and contracts.
- Engage with client / contractor to review construction issue contract and project documents
- Liaise with factory manager and project managers to identify what elements may need to be sub contracted to other steel fabricators or steel erection sub contractors
- Prepare sub contractor documents and associated contract
- Prepare project budgets in consultation with estimation team and accounts department prior to commencement of jobs.
- Review all new construction issue drawings to and issue any variations to client.
- Complete take off of structural steel, metal decking, cladding, painting etc from construction drawings
- Compile and agree variations with client in a timely manner
- Compile interim payment applications and submit to the client
- Follow up on monies owed by clients
- Compile, submit project final accounts and agree with client
- Compile allocation sheets for labour and plant times on site work faces
- Prepare weekly project financial status. Highlight areas of costs and budgets to project manager and managing director. Get involved with project manager to review remedial actions and cost the same
- Prepare sub contractor payment applications and agree sub- contractor final account
- Engage with clients for future work purposes.
- Prepare letters / reports in consultation with design / detailing and / or factory manager to be issued to the client as part of extra works claims
- Visit the sites you will be working on at least once per week and walk the work areas with the project manager & site foreman to review how works are proceeding, take photos & identify areas of potential extras or areas where possible exposure
What are we looking for?
- At least 7 years QS working experience.
- Experience working on projects which contain structural steelwork or construction
- The ability to work within a team, on own initiative and excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in excel, word, outlook, project management etc.
- Ability to use BIM models & extract information from would be a benefit but not essential.
- Excellent negotiator – specifically with regards to agreeing project variations/final accounts.
- Great leadership skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners.
- Excellent organisational skills
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.