What you need to know
I am looking to speak with Quality professionals who have working experience working in the Food industry, ideally in a manufacturing environment, and who would be interested in working as a Quality Manager for one of my key clients located in Co. Longford.
Although it would be highly advantageous, management experience is not essential in this role, so if you’re someone looking to take the next step up in your Quality career or are an experienced Quality Manager looking for an exciting new challenge that will open up further opportunities within their management team, then don’t hesitate to get in touch with me!
Your new job
Reporting to the General Manager you will help implement an effective and appropriate quality strategy to minimize defects, optimize plant performance, prevent loss/wastage and improve procedural compliance. Your objective will be to develop and maintain a proactive quality team that will focus on prevention, effective/relevant key performance measures, root cause analysis and continuous improvement. Your team will consist of five direct reports comprising QA admin, R&D and Thermal Supervisors.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure the processes needed for implementing and maintaining the requirements of the BRC Global Standard Food are realised, to ensure accreditation to BRC and other standards
- Liaising with EFSIS and other certifying bodies
- Leadership of the of Quality team to include training, recruitment and adherence to company procedures to ensure the production of safe quality food
- Responsible for customer liaison including coordination of response to complaints, audit corrective actions and regular review of progress internally
- Work with supplier technical representatives to resolve incoming quality problems that lead to customer complaints
- Overall ensure Hygiene GMP/ HACCP pre requisites policies are appropriate & implemented
- Ensure QMS, food safety, due diligence systems are in control at all times and that all products and processes are safe and in compliance with specifications, statutory obligations and best industry practice.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in a Food Science/Food Technology/Engineering/Quality or equivalent Science discipline
- Extensive experience QA/QC/technical experience with a strong manufacturing background
- A proven track record of the design, development and implementation of a QMS to a recognised accreditation standard
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplined team to ensure that Quality & Production targets are met
- Management experience in a FMCG company is highly desirable
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment such as 6 Sigma or LEAN manufacturing would be an advantage
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.