We are looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to work for our client, a highly successful and well-established medical device & packaging company in Co. Offaly
As the Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and maintaining the quality and engineering systems to determine product or process quality improvement programmes.
This is a permanent job and comes with a good benefits package.
Your New Job
In this role you will ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. You will acquire and apply knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions and associated documentation, to ensure adherence to all Health & Safety Policies by promoting safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Lead quality improvement initiatives using problem-solving & project management techniques
- Participate in cross-functional teams to achieve Quality Policy and Quality Objectives
- Evaluate quality trends and reasons for product or process failures relating to customer complaints and lead corrective action plans
- Evaluate quality costs and determine critical causes
- Prepare and approve quality assurance specifications and assist in the formulation of written policy/procedures
- Assist in determining inspection frequencies and sampling plans using significance testing, capability studies and through collation and analysis of data
- Participate in validation of all new tooling equipment, methods and products
What Does the Ideal Candidate Look Like?
- 3rd level Degree in Quality Management, Engineering or Science disciplines
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Quality Engineer working in manufacturing
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with limited supervision.
- Demonstrable Lean/ Six Sigma certification is an advantage
- Strong team player with excellent communication, collaboration and engagement skills
- High level of analytical skills, including statistical analysis
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.