What you need to know
A leading and reputable company in the packaging industry who manufacture bespoke products for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry in Co. Offaly is currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer to join their team.
As a Quality Engineer, you will report directly to the Quality Manager on site and will be responsible for product/process quality improvement programmes, analysis of quality costs, customer complaints, analysis of quality waste, reliability evaluations and process capabilities studies.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Actively contributing and leading quality improvement programmes using recognised problem-solving and project management techniques.
- Working in cross-functional teams to ensure that quality policy and quality objectives are achieved.
- Evaluating quality data and reasons for product or process failures relating to customer complaints.
- Lead and implement corrective action plans.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- Evaluating quality costs and determine critical causes.
- Preparing and approving quality assurance specifications and assist in the formulation of written policy/procedures.
- Help in determining inspection frequencies and sampling plans.
- Participating in validation of all new tooling equipment, methods and products.
- Ensuring all areas comply with specified regulatory requirements.
What are we looking for?
- A relevant Third level qualification in Science/ Engineering/ Quality
- Three years’ experience in a quality engineering department in a highly regulated manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrable Lean / Six Sigma certification is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, including statistical analysis is an advantage.
- Knowledge of FDA/ISO regulations and substantial experience with ISO 9001/13485 highly desirable.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal.
- A team player who can work well with others to achieve common goals.
Apply for this job now by sending in a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at email@example.com
We Value Your Trust