What you need to know
A great opportunity has arisen for a Quality Assurance Officer to work for our client located in Edenderry. As an integrated business they are a leading player in the Food industry, where you will have the opportunity to work on a site with state-of-the-art facilities, the latest technologies, with a flexible, efficient and innovative culture.
This is full-time a permanent position and if you’re recently graduated in the last year, then this is a great opportunity to kick start your QA career!
Your new job
Working within the QA and Lab team, you will be reporting to the QA Manager and will support other departments with all aspects of Quality Assurance. You will need to be analytically minded with an ability to place quality and continuous improvement at the forefront of operations across all levels of the business. You will also be assisting in the communication of problems promptly through line management, to ensure a quick resolution.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct on floor HACCP and hygiene compliance audits and verification checks.
- Review, maintain and control SOP’s and HACCP documentation records and procedures
- Management of Corrective & Preventative Action & Non-Conforming Product procedures.
- Compliance with regulatory standards, legislation and liaising with DAFM officials.
- Understanding and awareness of BRC and Bord Bia MPQAS retailer/customer standards
- Assist in the Management of the Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Assist with internal audits and working with customers during audits and visits
What are we looking for?
- 3rd level degree – preferably in Food Science or Food Technology, or Quality related
- Ideally looking for at least 1 year’s industry experience
- Experience working with a Food Safety & Quality Management System
- Knowledge of BRC and MPQAS Standards
- Good computer skills and an ability to work on your own initiative
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.