What you need to know
Our client is a well established and innovative services company in the midlands now have a requirement for a Purchasing Manager. You will train, manage and develop a small team who will be reporting to you.
This is a Permanent Job with a very attractive salary and benefits package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Ensure the purchasing department support the strategic plan of the business.
- Communicate clearly to the team what their role will be.
- Ensure that all purchasing processes are best in class.
- Develop relevant KPIs and measure performance.
- Work closely with budget holders on spend, understand their requirements and timing of spend.
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports, budgets and forecasts over all major category spends.
- Analyse variances on spend and opportunities for savings.
- Develop supplier relationship management system and evaluate supplier performance.
- Ensure stock levels reflect business requirements.
- Play an integral role on capital spend and negotiation of commercial contracts.
What are we looking for?
- 8-10 years purchasing management experience.
- Extensive experience of managing a team.
- Qualification in SCM or equivalent.
- Proven track record of strategic lead.
- Excellent communicator and negotiator.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Kieran McKeown on 051-353825.
We Value Your Trust.