What you need to know
A leading and reputable company in the packaging industry who manufacture bespoke products for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry in Co. Offaly is currently seeking an experienced Product Engineer to join their team.
As a Product Engineer, you will report directly to the Product Engineering Manger on site and will be responsible for ensuring production processes are as efficient as possible as well as the writing of specifications for a vast portfolio of medical industry clients.
This is a Permanent role with an excellent salary and package.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Liaise with customers and colleagues while developing new products.
- Analysing existing production methods.
- Developing and drafting ideas to improve production processes.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective changes.
- Increasing the speed of processes without sacrificing quality and safety.
- Revise and develop current specifications as required.
- Development and procurement of tooling.
- Support the quality, planning, sales, production and customer service departments.
- Participate in CTO and Lean initiative projects.
What are we looking for?
- Third level education in Science / Engineer or a related field.
- Background/familiarity with CAD.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong computer literacy, comfortable learning new systems.
- Good analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- Motivated individual with initiative and eagerness to learn.
- Prior knowledge of ERP systems is beneficial.
- Previous exposure to high volume manufacturing is beneficial.
Apply for this job now by sending in a Word version of your CV or get in touch with Oliver at firstname.lastname@example.org
We Value Your Trust