Our client a semi state body is looking to recruit a Procurement Specialist to work in one of their growing divisions . This is a 12-month contract initially .
The job is located in Offaly and will offer a HYBRID work option.
The Procurement Specialist will be responsible for engaging with third party suppliers of goods and services in a regulated environment, while continuously improving supplier performance in a manner fully compliant with procurement process.
- Manage suppliers and secure the best cost, delivery, and service quality
- Improve procurement and contract strategy for various projects while, ensuring adherence to procurement policy and strategy development.
- Review and assess third party spend with business units and agree measures to either reduce cost, reduce consumption, or mitigate risk. Ensure these measures are incorporated into category and supplier strategies and review, monitor and report on their progress.
- Help to develop and implement a Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) system to monitor supplier performance and ensure continuous improvement and innovation are embedded into the supply relationship.
- Prepare and review procurement documentation and participate fully in the negotiation of commercial contracts with suppliers throughout the procurement process.
- Collaborate with procurement colleagues in other divisions.
The Ideal candidate
- Honours Degree in relevant procurement or business discipline
- Excellent knowledge procurement policy / regulation and leading SRM practice.
- 5+ years’ experience in a procurement job.
For more detailed job spec
Breda Dooley Matrix Recruitment on 0874057840.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.