What you need to know
Due to continued growth and operational expansion, my client is looking to hire a Process Scientist as part of their upscaling plans. The successful candidate will be working primarily on the development and validation of processes and products, as well as the technical transfer of the process into their site in Offaly.
This position will initially be on a 12-month contract.
Your new job
You will be working in a cleanroom environment, providing technical support to aid the completion of project and process transfers. You will also provide hands-on support to all manufacturing activities on-site, including media preparation, integrity testing, cell culture and purification processes, with strict adherence to GMP requirements.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- You will play a key role in the development, scale up, optimisation and validation in relation to a monoclonal antibody production process
- Product manufacturing that uses cell culture techniques, chromatography and ultrafiltration diafiltration in downstream steps
- Author and update SOPs, Batch Records and Quality documents as per GMP requirements
- Participate in Quality audits, deviations and non-conformances
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and projects to develop a LEAN approach to deliver operational excellence
What are we looking for?
- Minimum of a level 7 qualification in Chemical/Biochemical Engineering or Biological Sciences
- Minimum of 1-year industry experience (Pharma/Med Device) working in a controlled GMP environment with hands-on experience running chromatography systems
- Experience working with Bioreactors and/or completion of Biotech courses is advantageous
- Knowledge of analytical methods required for protein characterisation
- Experience developing and scaling up of downstream processes
- Knowledge and understanding of the workings of protein purification techniques using Unicorn software or cell culture experience and the use of bioreactors at 200L scale.
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Gareth on 090 6490485.
Please note that due to the expected high volume of applications we can only reply to applicants suitable for the position. In the interest of protecting your data and informing you of your rights we will notify you should we retain your information by issuing an acknowledgement email and a request for consent where not already expressly given.
We Value Your Trust.