What you need to know
You will work as a Process Engineer for our client, a Global Healthcare Packaging company based in Co. Offaly
In this role you will provide technical assistance to the Healthcare Packaging Production Department in the form of process improvement, cost reduction, safety enhancement, and troubleshooting.
Your new job
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Supports Manufacturing Operations in becoming world class in all aspects of the business, beginning with Safety.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Participates in and/or leads Lean Six Sigma projects and initiatives.
- Writes, conducts, analyzes, determines and reports on new or modified equipment capabilities, qualifications (IQ/OQ/PQ), and validations.
- Conducts developmental runs and Commercialization qualification trial runs in conjunction with Research & Development (R&D) and PD functions.
- Manages the development of new package design and testing in conjunction with R&D and Marketing and communicates to the Process Engineering Lead the progress of these projects.
- Establishes Manufacturing Standard Operating Conditions (SOC) with the appropriate input from the Machine Operators, Supervisors and Technical personnel.
- Determines the need for, and justifies capital projects such as source, specifying new equipment and components by completing and routing Authorization for Capital Expenditure (ACE) form
- Assists the Product Engineer in the development of customer and internal specifications, including review and approval of Applications Review Forms (APPS).
- Acquires knowledge of procedures, work instructions, and associated forms as required by Key Area Leaders
- Performs Root Cause Analysis and Corrective Actions for Customer Complaints as assigned.
- Demonstrates safety leadership by complying with all safety rules, policies, regulations and procedures; participating in safety programs, and encouraging employee involvement from all employees in all safety activities.
- Troubleshoots daily production and process problems, communicates with Plant Management Team, Supervisors, and Operators regarding run problems, investigates root causes, recommends, and implements corrective actions.
- Identifies, develops, and implements plans associated with, but not limited to, cost reduction, waste reduction, increased throughput and general operational improvement through the use of Six Sigma Statistical Methods.
- Participates in the Learning & Development of machine operators on new equipment installations, equipment modifications and new procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Will include participating in special projects as identified.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Industrial preferred)
- Strong project management and organizational skills and the ability to maintain projects.
- Ability to react quickly and logically to manufacturing problems.
- Ability to apply Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing Tools
- One to three years previous process/manufacturing engineering experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO Quality Management Procedures Experience
- Strong teamwork skills
- Best practice documentation
Apply for this job now or get in touch with Aoife Mc Loughlin on email@example.com
We Value Your Trust.